Monday, February 11, 2008

Deer Creations

I made these cards a few months ago, but never got around to posting them. I really like the deer image in Horizon, and really enjoyed playing around with it. This tent card was made by first stamping the deer with sepia versafine ink onto watercolor paper. I then added some muted colors with watercolor crayons. The brown printed paper (BasicGrey LilyKate) reminded me of tooled leather and I thought it worked well for the card, but I didn't have a solid brown that matched. Ink to the rescue! I used a scrap of kraft cardstock (the same that I used on the base) and went over it with the versafine ink - mat for the deer now complete. "Dad" was a piece of pre-printed twill buried in my stash, and all it needed was a bit more grunging. Wouldn't this be a great card for birthday, retirement, Father's Day... Well, you get the idea :)

The nice thing about this image is that it's strong enough to stand alone over a background. On this card, I flicked alcohol inks onto my nonstick mat, then repeatedly pressed the textured ivory cardstock onto the mat until I had good overall coverage. I then stamped the deer image with rust ink. I stamped the sentiment (Middie Messages #2) onto a scrap, then punched it out. I tied it onto the ivory panel with some variegated fiber, and then mounted it to the rust base.

Well, hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with something new. The sickness of last week definitely cut into my creative time, but I did squeeze in just a bit of stamping and my SALT project is nearly ready to share.

No comments: