Sunday, February 3, 2008

Paperbag Album

Thought I'd share a little peek at what I've been working on - I'd hoped to have it all done, but unfortunately that awful stomach bug found its way to our house so things are a bit behind schedule.

I wanted to do some sort of "memory" project with our MOPS group this year, and Tuesday is the big day. We have a CM consultant coming in to talk briefly about scrapping, and then we're going to make these super simple albums made from two white paper bags. I'll also be talking to everyone about the "life artist" idea - just want to throw different ideas out there. I know some people are all about slapping photos down, but others really like the artsy journal approach. It's tough to come up with something that will work for everyone, but I decided to go with black, white, and red accents. Worst case scenario they can change their photos to B&W, right? We're doing a love theme, so it can be a gift for a spouse if desired. Since there are so few pages, it only needs a couple pictures... add a few heartfelt notes and you're good to go.

I purchased pads of B&W paper from Oriental Trading along with foam hearts (self-adhesive!!). The albums are all glued together, and now I just need to finish cutting down all the paper. Hopefully I can show you the inside pages tomorrow :)

No comments: