Sunday, February 24, 2008

Purple Kings

I haven't played along with Beate's sketch in quite awhile, and this weekend's version was nice and simple... so here goes! I pulled out my Kings set and my DCWV Old World stack. Purple is the traditional royal color, right? Well, I started with fun pattern, and then added crowns in silver brilliance and slate inks. Next, I spritzed on silver glimmer mist to up the bling factor. I used gray cardstock as the base, but it was too stark so I went around the edges with pale plum ink, then misted both silver and latte gm's over it. Much better! I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of gray, gave it the same treatment, then matted it with a darker purple from the stack. I toyed with the idea of adding ribbon, but nothing really rang my bell, so I kept it nice and simple. And flat for easy mailing :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Thanks so much for trying the sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Very nice. Love how you used that paper.