Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Welcome Baby



Well, I just got word that yet another friend has given birth - that's 4 baby girls in the past week! Obviously, another card was called for, and this time I pulled out my Borders & Seals set. I chose to use pale pink & yellow ink to make the design on the base, added a strip of cardstock on the bottom (to cover one of my screw-ups :), then tied on ribbon and the adorable charm. "Welcome" is from the combo sentiments set.





As I was photographing the card, it reminded me that I'd never posted the other cards I made with this set... I used the same technique for this blue card as with my baby version. In fact, wouldn't this be cute for a baby boy? On this one, I accented the panel with a strip of white (accented with a cuttlebug embossing border). I stamped the sentiment (Middie Messages #2) onto a metal accent (Making Memories) with Stazon ink, then tied on a bit of ribbon to soften it.

Well, that's all for now. See you tomorrow for the Tea Party!

No comments: