Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
And speaking of Bellas, I sharpened a few of my Prismacolor pencils and came up with an image that I actually like, so now I just need to find a home for the little lady on some cardstock. Maybe I'll even manage it by the end of the week!
And lastly, I've been tagged by Wanda and am now supposed to share 7 weird things about myself, then tag seven others. Only seven things?!? Hmmmm...
- I am a complete klutz, and have managed to hurt myself in some rather comical ways. I am now very wary of sheetrock, as it has left me "damaged" twice. Never take your eyes off of the seemingly innocent white stuff resting against a wall. And don't get me started on coconuts!
- I hate Doritos and cheese popcorn, but like Cheetos.
- My first "real" job was as a waitress in high school. My first day, I went over to help clean up a glass of water that a nicely dressed older woman had spilled. In the process, I managed to knock over her husband's glass, sending the ice water directly into his lap. Thankfully they were very good sports about the whole thing, but I was absolutely mortified and seriously considered quitting.
- I was born and raised in Montana but have never been skiing.
- My first college major was mechanical engineering. Whatever was I thinking?!?!?
- I did not date until I was in college, and I had only one other boyfriend before my hubby.
- I'm only 5'4" but wear size 11 shoes. I would also like to add that 99% of cute shoes are only available through size 10. It stinks (oh, and that would refer to my feet, too!)
And now for the fun part of making others squirm! I think I'm going to tag some bloggers that I love checking out for "fresh" inspiration. Great techniques, and a style markedly different from my own, so it stretches me. (And I may not have left comments on all of them, so this could be a surprise for a few!)
Monday, April 23, 2007
So after that, it was time for a bit of shopping. I had a couple things on my shopping list: envelopes from Marco's, polka dot alpha from a*muse, and a couple copic or prismacolor markers to try out. I got two sizes of envelopes from Marco's so I now can make two other card sizes without thinking, "Aw, man, now I've gotta make my own envelope!" I did get the alphabet from a*muse, and I also picked up three Prismacolor markers from their booth in jasmine, sky blue light, and avocado. Haven't had a chance to play yet, but I'll be sure to report back. Their booth was super cute, and I got to see some JulieHRR samples first-hand!! And of course I had to pick up a few things from Eureka, including two more foils, and three stamps (a peacock feather, a dragonfly, and a butterfly). I was tempted by some brass stencils, but maybe next year. I didn't take any other pictures, as many of the samples were the same from previous years, and honestly I was just too tired at that point. And I am delighted to report that I only spent about half of what I earned, so I'm quite happy with myself. I only saw two booths that were offering make & takes, and even though it was late in the day, the seats were all filled so I just kept on going. Overall impression: fewer vendors, fewer M&Ts, but a good variety and definitely nice quality goodies. Can't wait for next year!
And I saw a fellow stamp addict with a great T-shirt: "Just hand over the stamps and no one gets hurt!" (in a ransom note type style). I may just have to make one for myself!
Friday, April 20, 2007
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Along with the card itself, she sent me some stamped Bella images to play with. Now these little ladies are quite the rage in the stamping world, but as part of my vow not to spend any $ on my hobby, I had avoided even looking at the site. Well, suddenly they turned up in my mailbox!! Last night, my hubby and the kids were all sitting around the kitchen table coloring while I cleaned up after dinner, and my son announced that. "Mommy needs to color, too!" Since he insisted, I didn't want to break his little heart so I got out my "special" crayons and colored two of the little ladies. I generally prefer watercoloring when I'm coloring images, but I can't say I'm particularly happy with these results. I may just have to break out the Prismacolor pencils (which have never been sharpened - see why I really need to stop buying stuff?!) and give it another whirl.
1. If, and only if, you are tagged, write a post with five links to blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so people can find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote. Here are 2 versions to choose from:
- Debbie at Thinking Inking
- Godelieve at Stamping Mathilda
- Jacqueline at Jacqueline's Craft Nest
- Jacki at The Card Castle
- Dina at Mama Dini's Stamperia
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Suddenly, the sunshine seems just a big brighter!