Thursday, November 12, 2009

Small Pleasures

It's been a few days since I posted - we (meaning me and my not-quite-so-enthusiastic-but-loves-me-very-much hubby) decided to tackle the laundry hallway. Let's just say things didn't go quite as we'd anticipated... but then do home improvement projects ever work out that way?! :)

I managed to get this little card done earlier this week, and am finally getting it posted. I wanted to make something for the Moxie Fab Plum challenge using the sketch from Card Patterns - and, well, it didn't turn out quite as I planned, but I still like the result! I stamped the sweet image (from Happy Silhouettes) with versamark eggplant ink, and also used that for the sentiment (partially inked image from the same set). I paired it with the cute Crate Papers, but ended up leaving the top right panel from the sketch off completely, as it just looked too choppy... and well, when I dove into my ribbon box, the dark purple grosgrain that I'm absolutely certain I own was nowhere to be found, so I resorted to the sheer white stuff. I did add the 3 brads - but again, not according to the sketch. Do you see a trend here?

Hoo boy -- off to see what else I can "improvise" on today!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Love how your card turned out - that's the nice part of a sketch, you get to go off and do your own twists!
I'm thrilled to be the sponsor over at CardPatterns this week - thanks for playing along! :)

whoistracy said...

Love the clean lines here Trish and the soft colors you used.

Cheryl Nelson said...

perfectly lovely!

Cath said...

Hey Trish! Thanks for entering the Plum Crazy! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)