Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Trusting...

Another month, another project. Wow, this is getting to be a bad habit. Still here, still wanting to play with paper, but many different demands on my time...

I wanted to make something, and started looking around at sketches - is it just me, or are many of them ridiculously detailed?! Anyway, I stumbled onto one over at Get Sketchy and thought that the little strip would be a great excuse to play with my washi tape. I used the Devoted set (Ippity by Unity), which has a rather country-cutesy feel to it, but I do love the verse, and obviously the heart fit with the sketch! The peachish paper and the heart (yes, it's faintly patterned) are from the BasicGrey Capella pad, and I punched the corners of the panel, then inked it all up with pearlescent beige. The swirly background was created with a little template from my stash and bronze glimmer mist. I finished it off with this tape, and there are a couple small pearls right above it.

Ah, it feels good to get creative again...

No comments: