Friday, May 6, 2011

Teacher Appreciation

Yes, it's teacher appreciation week... and the kids and I worked together to create a few little gifties for their teachers. The thing laying in front is a bookmark (more general info if you're interested here) - I got all the supplies from Hobby Lobby, and I used an acrylic key charm, along with a note saying, "You've been key in ___'s education." Yes, I do love me some bad puns ;) You can see more of that love at work with the eraser - I just wrapped some nice scrapbook paper around it, and added a printed label: "Make no mistake, we appreciate all you do!"

We also made little covered post-it note pads and embellished some pens with tiny punched flowers and glossy accents; I presented them in a clear glass mug (from the Dollar store) with a few marbles in it, basically making for a funky pen jar/somewhat floralish display. They're all inexpensive, fun, and went together pretty quickly - perfection!

No comments: