Thursday, February 22, 2007

Candy Wrapper Card


OK, I actually was able to finish up that card that I hinted at yesterday. This month, I was responsible for the challenge at Eureka, and I thought it would be fun to see what we could make using candy wrappers, packaging, etc. Here's my spin on it, using the silver foil from a king size Hershey bar (the standard ones don't have the foil anymore, so the kids and I suffered through the extra chocolate). First, I smoothed the foil out and then glued it down to some plain, lightweight copy paper using Tombow's Mono Multi glue (my adhesive of choice for nearly everything). I then trimmed it down and ran it through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug embossing folder. Next, I went over it with white acrylic paint, but then buffed most of it off before it actually dried. I really like the effect, sort of like an old fashioned tin tile. I needed to make a baby card for a friend, so I finished it off with some rick rack and a vellum tag (stamped with SU Big Pieces, and then the words are spelled out with an alphabet from Technique Tuesday - I was really ticked that I managed to smear the words just a bit with the side of my hand, but unfortunately I don't have any more of these large tags, so although imperfect, it stays). I may just have to watch for a good sale on candy bars so I can play around with this some more!


I played around with my scraps and a few Stazon pads - I think I like the debossed version with the Timber Brown pad the best, but unfortunately that's my smallest piece!


4 comments:

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Trish! This is awesome! You better figure out a way to make it with SU products and send it in for the monthly contest. I love how this looks like old tin tiles.

Jacki Marie said...

you are so good with technique-y things. It's great!

Dale Anne Potter said...

WOW!!!
I wonder if this would work with aluminum foil.......since I don't want to force myself to eat chocolate!!! LOL
GREAT JOB!!!

Jacki Marie said...

I kept "seeing" this card as I watched the Oscars last night. They copied your card for the background on the stage!