Thursday, February 15, 2007

Teal Sweet Shapes Thank You

I was playing around with the Sweet Shapes set, and came up with this simple card. The colors are inspired by southwestern jewelry; all I'm missing is the silver! I stamped out the flowers, and then colored them in with the metallic pencils. Those pencils are not among my heavily used tools, but every now and then I love to pull them out. They add just a bit of shine without being overly "blingy." One note - if you do use metallic pencils, you'll probably want to buff out the images afterward. I personally just rub them with a plain old tissue, and then follow up with an artist's grade eraser to clean up any stray marks. I finished it out with a bit of hemp - ribbon just didn't fit the design, but it really needed a bit of dimension.

No comments: