Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Golden Leaves

Our temps were definitely feeling more fall-like last night, so I thought I'd share these two cards featuring the Leaves #1 Set from smARTworks (seen here). I started out with a fairly large piece of white glossy cardstock and stamped the leaves with gold brilliance ink. Next, I overstamped them with burgundy ink, and then sponged on burgundy and rust. The photos don't really do it justice, but I promise it's quite lovely.

This first card also uses the Blessings set (here). I first stamped the sentiment with the gold ink, but it didn't show up well enough. The handy, dandy stamp-a-ma-jig to the rescue! I lined it up just slightly to the left, then stamped again in black. Great effect! I also edged the main panel with a sliver of gold paper (taken from a wedding invitation envelope I had saved).
After I made the first card, I had a decent sized piece of the leaf print left, so I decided to make this second card. This time, I used Psalm 31:14-15 (here) It got a bit murky when I resized the photo, but it says, "But I have trusted in thee O Lord; I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thine hand." I layered the leaf square onto a piece of black. I punched the corners (retired SU southwest punch), then wrapped it with gold cord to frame it out. It's also popped up on foam dots for added dimension. In my recent sorting spree, I discovered some black foam dots that I had forgotten about, which worked beautifully for this project. White foam can be very distracting when layered between two dark colors...
Hope you all have a great day!!

4 comments:

Donna said...

These are both gorgeous, Trish.

Jacki Marie said...

ooooh that makes me feel cool and fallish! I love your cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Hope you are well!

Jacqueline said...

WOW these are beautiful Trish!!!