Saturday, September 22, 2007

Know When to say When

I know every stamper has those moments - a blast of inspiration when gazing at a neglected image. You frantically pull out inks and papers, visualizing the beautiful piece of artwork that you're about to create.

But the finished product looks nothing like what you had envisioned.
This card is one of those moments for me. The circle medallion is from a set of clear stamps (Carolee Creations) that had yet to see ink. I'm not quite sure why I thought it would be so brilliant to pair it with this paisley paper, but I persevered. Added some ribbon. Tried it with numerous bases - squares and rectangles, various shade of blues and browns, some stamped, some textured... Finally settled on this simple 5 inch square blue base. Still not too sure about it, but frankly I was sick of staring at the elements. Any thoughts?
(Patterned paper from Making Memories, ribbon from Oriental Trading, "thinking of you" from Wordsworth, ballet blue cardstock from SU)

3 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

Girl... you do such GREAT work!! I LOVE IT!!

Jacki Marie said...

What about a blue layer behind the thinking of you layer? I love the whole thing-- the colors, the patterns, everything!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need the swat upside the head? It's got paisley, so it's perfect! The basics are good, so how about the "thinking of you" in a blue? I'm not sure, especially since I love the paisley prayer card. This could just seem a bit "blah" becuase your last 2 entries were bright and beautiful.