Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tea Party!

Giovana was our hostess for this party, and the theme was stitches and ribbon. Yep, I can definitely do that!

This is a very quick card - I love this patterned paper (Making Memories), and just accented the design with this wonderful sentiment from Friends Trio. I would have loved to do some real stitching on it, but my sewing machine is buried so I settled for the faux variety with a paper piercer and a marker. Still a nice effect, though! I distressed all the edges and then tied on some cute ribbon (Prima) as the final touch.

Hop over to Susan, Dina, Giovana & Donelda to see what loveliness they have to share today!

3 comments:

Giovana said...

Beautiful Trish!!! The faux stitch looks really real.
Love it.

Have a great day.
Giovana

Susan T. said...

A nice way to "show off" a stamped quote, and I second Giovana's faux stitching observation. It does look real!

Donelda said...

You have to love a great piece of patterned paper!! The sentiment and the faux stitching is the perfect touch. And I Love that ribbon!!!