Thursday, February 5, 2009

Time...

Time. I don't seem to have much of it these days - instead of having ink on my hands, it's paint. Ah, the joys of getting a house ready to sell! :) But enough blathering - on to the crafty stuff!

This card was made with the In Hand set, with the background script from One Smile. I started by randomly stamping the hand image onto a piece of the kids' drawing paper, then aged it up with a variety of scrunching, inking, and scraping. I then stamped the script onto a plain old white card base, and then browned it up through a mix of ink and twinkling H2Os (yes, it does have just a bit of shimmer to it). I then mounted the page onto the base, with the little bullnose clip to add interest. The final step was stamping the sentiment onto some scrap paper, then trimming out the words individually and adhering. Simple and fun!

So what else is going on? Well, Susan (yep, the smARTworks guru herself :) is hosting our next Tea Party and we're all going monochromatic. We'd love to have you join in the fun - the party is next Wednesday, Feb 11, so get stamping!! Susan has also launched a fabulous smART Bucks incentive program through which you can earn discounts or "purchase" this gorgeous Botanicals sheet. The images are stunning, and hopefully I can share some of my creations soon. And lastly, have you checked out From the Cookie Jar lately? I'm telling you, the ladies have been cranking out some beautiful cards lately.

Well, I'm off and running again. Hope you're all having a great week!

No comments: