Monday, March 16, 2009

Imagination

"The world of imagination is boundless" - so why can't we have pink, shimmery birds? :)

This is a pretty simple card - I stamped the bird (Shelley) onto a scrap of white and painted it with twinkling H2Os, added the sentiment (Opportunity Trio), then cut it down into a rectangle, trimming around the bird's wing and tail. I love that effect - simple to do, but really catches your eye (particularly when you mat it with a darker color). I glued a strip of BasicGrey paper onto a white card base, then mounted the main panel with foam pop dots.

So have you checked out the smARTworks site lately? Susan has just introduced some new setss (starting on pg 166) that are gorgeous! I have my order in, now I just need to find time to give the glorios rubbah the love that it deserves ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. I do like what you did with the bird.