Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wish!

A triple-challenge card to share today! I started with the Inspirational Card Sketch, used maroon, pink & lemon yellow for the BasicGrey challenge, and used letter stickers for the Caardvarks "Stuck on You" challenge. Lots of fun, although very unusual for me since it has no stamping at all on it...

The papers are all from the BasicGrey Lemonade 6x6 pad. When I cut the rounded edge, I accented it with Versamagic Thatched Straw ink just to bring in a bit more yellow. The letters are from a Chatterbox kit that I keep shoving around on my shelf, and I accented the "i" with a pink gem. I'm actually sending this out as a belated birthday card, so will write something like, "I wish I'd been on the ball and gotten this sent earlier" inside :)

On a side note, did you see the awesome things that Jessica Witty did with letter stickers over on the PaperCrafts blog? Genius. Maybe I will actually use some more of these in the future!

8 comments:

Dianna said...

Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!

Jessica said...

Oh, good grief, what a sweetie you are, making my day like that!

Jessica Witty
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

Pearl said...

lovely use of the BG Lemonade !

Thanks for playing along with ICS this week !

sam said...

beautiful card, nice colours and love the sentiment!

Posh Designs said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us over @ ICS :) ~ Nini

Lou Sims said...

Fab & beautiful card. Many thanks for playing along with ICS this week. Lou x

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooh! ♥LOVELY♥ card...and how brilliant to use bg lemonade which is obviously (in retrospect!) the inspiration for this partiucular color combo challenge! those letter stickers rock, as well! (& ta for the link, i've bookmarked it, it's VERY cool!)

Amy C said...

Great card!! I love the colors.