Saturday, March 20, 2010

Excited for you

Yes, it's a second post! This card is for this week's 2S4Y sketch (with a fabulous prize up for grabs from Starving Artistamps, I must add!)

We've just learned that some good friends of ours are expecting another little blessing, so I wanted to make a card to celebrate the occasion. I used BasicGrey LilyKate papers - great baby colors and I tried to keep it mostly gender neutral. I stamped the sentiment (Verve) onto a Heidi Swapp resist piece, and then spritzed the whole thing with a couple colors of glimmer mist. I let it dry, and then traced around the resist area with a silver spica pen just to help it pop a bit more. I picked my patterns, cut a few strips, and layered everything up. Nothing phenomenal, but perfect for our friends!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Pretty card. We just found out yesterday that our next door neighbors are expecting their first child. Thanks for the card inspiration!

cnelson said...

Oh sooooooo lovely!!!

Unknown said...

I love this sentiment for a baby card - and the colors are so appropriate too :) Thanks for joining us
:) K

Kathy Martin said...

Simply beautiful! Love this! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

Karen B. said...

I think this is a lovely card, and I bet it is super glamorous in real life with the glimmer mist! Off to check out more of your blog!