Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Simple Gratitude Journal

I've dabbled with "thankful lists" in the past, and decided to keep a gratitude journal for the month of November. I'm writing down 10 things each day - 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening - and yes, sometimes it's kind of hard to come up with something. It has definitely made me more aware of the blessings that fill my life, both big and small. I've been jotting things down in this comp journal, and finally got around to prettying it up last night.

Nothing too fancy, but I like the final result. The paper was something I'd had in my stash for a long time; I loved the tin tile design, but it was too large for most of my projects... finally put it to good use! The letters are from a Tim Holtz grungeboard alpha pack, and I just colored them with Brilliance ink. I computer generated the verses, then just cut them apart and glued them down.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise;
Give thanks to Him and praise His name [Psalm 100:4]
I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness;
I will sing priases of the name of the Lord Most High [Psalm 7:17]

Hoping you, too, can find 10 things to be thankful for today!

No comments: