Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Enjoy the glow...

As many of you may already be aware, RubberStampingFun has put together a panel of stamp reviewers. The gist is that they send you free stamps, and ask that you review it on your blog. Well free is already one of my favorite words, and when you mention it in conjunction with stamps you KNOW I'm interested!! Well, I was chosen as one of the lucky participants (sorry, but no more freebies to be had, at least for now...), and as part of the application process we also got a discount code to use on current sets. I picked up this set "Enjoy the Glow," which appears to be out of stock right now as I can't find it on the site. Simple but kind of fun, too! I liked the saying, and figured even *I* could handle coloring birthday candles...

So I finally sat down with the stamps tonight and cranked out this quickie. Stamped with Ancient Page coal, then colored in with SU markers. I did add just a tiny bit of "glowage" with a black marker, and then the flames are all accented with Stickles for some shimmer. Layered it with some yellow cardstock and accented with the polka dot ribbon (Michael's) and it's good to go!
One other thought on RSF: The rubber itself is good quality (soft and deeply etched, not the cheapo plastic-y stuff), but I was a bit disappointed in the trim job. After commenting on this issue, the president of the company personally emailed me and addressed the issue. Now that's customer service, and one reason I really like working with smaller operations. I'll be curious to see how future sets are cut. Stay tuned for more info!

No comments: