Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ice in Texas?!

As I'd mentioned a few weeks ago, the smART-word for January is ice. Now this is my first January in South Texas (after 14 years in Pennsylvania!) -- and I must admit that icy inspiration is lacking. Rather than bundling up in a warm sweater and sipping cocoa, I'm playing outside with my kids... but only after taking allergy pills and applying mosquito repellant. Crazy! Anyway, after many false starts, this is what I came up with.

I repeatedly stamped the branch image (everything is from the Botanicals plate) with blue & silver Brilliance inks for a frosty feel. Everything is pretty straightforward - the final touch was a couple "icy" rhinestones.


I do want to share one other card I made a couple years ago, using the Winter Days set. I love the icy look that the Dazzle Dust gives here. And hey, you can win this set for yourself by playing along with the challenge - you have until Tuesday night to post a link.

So in the meantime, stay warm and keep stamping :)

No comments: