Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spreading some ATC love...


One of my friends is quite the artist, and has just recently been introduced to the world of Artist Trading Cards. It was her birthday last week, and I wanted to make her a couple friendship themed ATCs, and then I decided to kick it up a notch and make a little holder for them as well. I googled for a template, and ended up making my own (simple measurements and lots of scoring :) based on this design. I used heavyweight paper, and it's actually quite sturdy. I was originally going to just tuck the flap into the box, but I didn't like how it looked, so I started playing around with closures. I know I have some good BasicGrey magnets floating around here somewhere, but I couldn't find them, so I ended up pulling out a couple small ones that had come with a kids art set - they don't hold all that well, but it was sufficent.

For the ATCs, I used a variety of bits and papers I had floating around in my "pieces" box. Stamps: bra & coordinating saying from Crafty Secrets; coffee cup & 2 other sentiments from Cornish Heritage Farms; dragonfly from smARTworks. Paper & all embellishment for ATC box from K&Co Brenda Walton scrap pad.

1 comment:

Donelda said...

aaaaah, I love ATCs but I haven't made any for some time!! your friend will really like these - you are so thoughtful!!