Thursday, March 15, 2007

More Artfully Asian samples

OK, I'm digging out some more samples of AA that I made last year. Both of these also use the Aida Cloth background image, which is great for adding some textural interest.

This first card is with So Saffron (one of my favorite colors!), Not Quite Navy, and Garden Green. The stitching is done with a paper piercing tool and a white gel pen, but appears quite real. BTW, if you're wary of gel pens, then you need to check out the white Signo pen that is sold through Stampin' Up. I threw out a sizable box of gel pens last summer that I'd probably used 2-3 times apiece, but none of them worked anymore. I tried freezing them, heating them - no dice. But this Signo pen is absolutely marvelous, and still writes like buttah after more than a year.

The next card is made with Apricot Appeal and Pink Passion - much brighter than my "usual," but I really liked it. I paired these two up when I was playing with the scraps on my worktable. See, good things really can come from chaos! I added a bit of glitter to the flowers, rounded off the corners and tied on a bit of ribbon for a somewhat elegant look. I also popped up the floral image on some dimensionals.

Enough with digging through my past creations - I want to share some new goodies! I still have some digging out to do in my craft pit, but I'll be stamping on Saturday whether it's completed or not. One of my downline is coming over for a "playdate" and I know we'll have a ball!!

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Super creations...like that yellow juxtaposed with the pink and blue in your cards!

Anonymous said...

I really want this set! Your cards are beautiful. It is fun to see the same set in the more muted tones and then in brighter colors. I like them both. I don't have the signo pen yet, but have been researching and people agree with you that it is the best out there. Also available through www.jetpens.com (cheaper than SU if you buy in bulk: pens are less plus free shipping). Thanks for sharing your cards!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards !! love the simplicity on these.