Friday, June 29, 2007

Petal Prints - part 5




Two more cards today, and then you won't have to look at Petal Prints for awhile! :) Both of these cards use the detail "overstamp." Honestly, I don't use them all that often, as I prefer the pressed flower look, but they can still be fun! This first card was for a swap, and I needed it to be something I could produce in large quantities. I stamped out full sheets of the flower, then chopped away. The bright tones are quite unusual for me - particularly as orange is my absolute least favorite color - but I do like to play with them occasionally.

The last card was one of the first I made with watercolor crayons. I was actually wetting them too much, but the "fuzziness" didn't really matter with the initial impression. This is a very forgiving set for trying new techniques!

Well, hope you've all enjoyed this look at one of my favorite sets. I still don't have the new catalog in my possession, but I admit that posting these "oldies but goodies" was a fun way to pass the time. Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty cards! in general, i also prefer the pressed flower look when working with these. so long petal prints. :(