Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Coppery Girls

So here's a card that took me about four days to make. It all started with the shimmery piece. I was working on another card, and wanted some gold cardstock to use as an accent. The stuff I had wasn't the right tone, so I thought I'd try making my own with Brilliance ink. Still not quite right, so I dumped on a bit of Pearl-Ex. When I started buffing off the excess, though, I discovered an issue. I had used a scrap of glossy white paper, and evidently when I was using it the first time around I had left behind some serious finger prints - which were now acting as a resist as my ink/Pearl-Ex mix was coming right off. OK, so it won't work for the other project, but it does look pretty neat! I buffed it up more, and then stamped it with the script image that comes with these darling little girls (One Smile, smARTworks).

So now on to my focal image. I tried a variety of inks and papers, and finally settled on this super simple version. I had added some color accents (sort of like my previous card) but it clashed with the background piece. Put it aside to use later and stamp yet another! I then wanted to embellish - I pawed through my little box, and came upon this copper snap that says "Friends Forever." (Sorry, but I have no clue where it came from) Just deciding where to put that was another issue... OK, finally have that taken care of. So I have my basic elements - now what am I going to do? Settled on layering the little girls with some artichoke cardstock (SU) to pick up the green I used on the script, then a banana (SU) card base. But the base looks too stark. Don't want to add too much pattern, though. Another stamp to the rescue! (Marble, smARTworks). I stamped it with Antique Linen distress ink - dark enough to show up , but still subtle. It still needs just a little something. Ooh, copper cord would pull it together nicely! I wrapped it around a few times, then finally glued it all together.

Whew! Now I still need to figure out what I'm going to do for gold cardstock with that other card...

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow Trish, another beauty!! You work well with this stamp.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

What's four days when the card turns out like this:) It's gorgeous!