Wednesday, August 15, 2007

smARTworks Bluebird

I'm really liking this sketch idea - stretches me and helps me look at patterns and images in a new way. Well, I saw this week's sketch on SCS, and my new bluebird set from smARTworks immediately came to mind simply because of the orientation of this sentiment. Sounds like a great reason to make a card, right?!
I started by stamping the bird - and then I stared at it. Off to google "bluebird" to see how it should look (please tell me I'm not the only one who does crazy stuff like that...) OK, now I can color! Pulled out the prismacolors, then trimmed around the bird so that some parts were coming out of the square. Debated about what to use for the background, and ended up dry embossing some mustard cardstock with the Fiskars woodgrain plate (using my Big Shot). Nice texture and still keeps with the nature theme! Finally, I stamped the sentiment, layered it on not quite navy cardstock, then tied on a bit of that brown mesh ribbon that I seem to be using on everything lately. Not all that much left of it, so I promise to give it a rest soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this card. I too will sometimes go to the internet to see how birds should look.