Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Retirement Benefits

I love the Emerson line from American Art Stamps! I stamped this fun lady over the weekend, but couldn't decide what exactly to do with her. Well, today's sketch on SCS provided the answer! I decided to pair her up with BasicGrey papers (Scarlet's Letter), and just pulled my colors from that. I colored her in with prismacolor pencils, and then a silver metallic pencil on the necklace. I originally just layered the papers onto my card base (River Rock cardstock), but decided to trim the edge off the front just to add some interest. I really like the result, and need to remember to use that little trick more often! It needed just a bit of embellishment, so I used some black organdy and a silver button.

Now to get her mailed off!!

2 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Great stamp, Trish. Love the quote and the papers you used with it are just perfect!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

How cute!! Love the yummy paper too!