Friday, May 9, 2008

Everything's coming up roses!

I had a lot of fun with the Rose Trio #2 set, playing around with inks to see what emerged...

I'm "in the pink" with this first one :) Inks used: palette doudoir blush (stamped off once), palette toile pink, then versamagic pink petunia. I stamped the leaves (Stem Duo) with versamagic tea leaves; this set also has two layers, but I only used one here. I finished off the card by adding the sentiment (Grow Friends), adding some rick rack, and layering with BasicGrey Sultry paper. I generally am not a big fan of pink, but pair it up with brown and you've got me (plus I love the touches of yellow in the paper...)






For this second card, I wanted to use the sentiment that accompanies the set, so I pulled out my reds. The final rose is SU Rose Red, Palette Moulin Rouge & L'Amour Red, then versamagic hint of pesto for the leaves. After I'd stamped it all, I sprayed it down with latte & snowfall glimmer mists just to soften the bright white plus add shimmer. I tied on black grosgrain ribbon (I cut an opening with my x-acto knife), then matted with black and finished it out with a red base. Clean and sophisticated!

Back with another "trio" tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sarosa said...

I can smell the fragrance of the pink rose right through my monitor!

The poem that the quote is from on your second card is by Robert Burns, a Scottish poet, who lost his lady love to death. :-( The poem is sweet ... I had the boldness when I took some college classes in my mid twenties (with four little ones at home, amazing!) to recite this poem with a scottish accent to my professor (part of a required assignment.) He managed to keep a straight face with my barely adequate accent...

My love is like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June :
My love is like the melody
That’s sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I :
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry.

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun :
And I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only love,
And fare thee weel a while !
And I will come again, my love,
Thou’ it were ten thousand mile.

Dina Kowal Creative said...

OK, now I'm all misty from the poem, thanks Sarah...

The roses look GREAT Trish - how fun to see someone else use them! :) I'm going to post Trios too today, just because you did. Mwah!