Friday, May 30, 2008

Flower Girl

Well, this week has definitely not gone the way that I'd planned, but I finally got some time to stamp. I pulled out the smARTworks' Flower Girl set - one that I've been dying to ink up! I just love the sweet little girl, and there are some great images for collage with the set, too. I kept it pretty simple here; the layout was definitely influenced by the sketch challenge I did earlier in the week, but I think I switched it up enough that I'm safe to call it my own :) All the papers are from the BasicGrey LilyKate collection (full size, not the 6x6 pad). I love the green print that I used as the card base, but it was just a bit too bright so I covered it with versamagic white ink (I do that pretty frequently, and I must say that my poor pad is looking awfully grungy!). I then cut a few scraps from three other prints - they now blended in a bit too well with the "softened" card base, so I spritzed them with a bit of coffee shop glimmer mist. I stamped the girl onto yet another paper from the collection, matted with a very soft pink print, then mounted it over the three strips. I stamped the sentiment, but it still needed something more, so I grabbed the little buckle from a WeRMemoryKeepers hardware set and tied on a ribbon scrap. Beauteous!

No comments: