Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Birthday Flower

Well, it's Tuesday and time for another sketch from Mercy! For today's card, I used the Daisy Trio #2 set and versamagic inks (1st layer: wheat, 2nd: sage & thatched straw, 3rd: tea leaves, persimmon & pink grapefruit). The sentiment is from Cake Time. I used apricot cardstock for the base, but it'sbeen lightly spritzed with bronze blimmer mist so there's a nice sheen IRL. The finishing touch was a few Dew Drops (adhered with glue dots).

I used DCWV papers for the card because I liked the bright, summery colors, but originally I was planning to go with the more muted tones of BasicGrey Perhaps paper - what a difference! I know things aren't straight on here - I just laid the pieces down for a quick pic

That's all for this afternoon; I am working on a few other projects right now, but not sure when I'll get them finished up and posted. I ended up hurting my foot this weekend - thankfully nothing severe, but it's definitely slowing me down. Later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

another beautiful creation, trish! love the bright, summery colors...and that flower is GORGEOUS!!!

thanks so much for playing again this week....see you next week!

hugs ~ mercy

Kelli in Kentucky said...

Love your card!! This colors are so summery!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Such gorgeous colours and a great layout. Hope your foot is all better! :0)