Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trust

I love the image in Hands Collage - I think it captures the essence of friendship... and what better word is there for that than trust?

Hands TrustI started out by stamping the image with black versafine onto white cardstock, then watercolored around the hands themselves to really make them pop. I then matted that image with dark gray, and accented it with a black prima flower and a metal word embellishment (K&Co). I didn't want to mount it onto a stark white card, so I pulled out my handy dandy glimmer screen, and misted over it with silver glimmer mist - it's a perfect way to add interest but not detract from the focal image. I also added some black twill to balance the "blackness" from the flower. It went together pretty quickly, and I love the result!

No comments: