Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Looking

I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted! Life has definitely been a bit crazy around here, and while I have done some stamping I just haven't managed to post anything...

Both cards I'm sharing today use Looking collage. This first one is much darker than what I normally do, but I decided to mix it up a bit. I wasn't happy with the way the swirly in the upper right corner turned out, but a little resin sunflower from my stash (I'm guessing it's K&Co) took care of that issue. I layered it with a strip of sandpaper - definitely an unexpected element - and then pieced together a shortened version of the sentiment.

This second card could be subtitled "Ways to attach vellum." I started out by stamping the image onto some heavyweight vellum, didn't like how it looked, but then when I swiped it with a baby wipe I loved the soft image that was left behind. I decided to layer it onto a navy card base, then added the metal square that reads, "May you never lose your sense of wonder" (Making Memories) I then added the self-adhesive felt edging (Queen & Co), then the little rhinestones (Rob & Bob) as a final touch.

Well, that's all I have time for! Hopefully I won't disappear for an entire week this time :)

2 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Yay, you're back to bloggin'!!!!

These cards are wonderful, Trish! You're soooo stinkin' talented!

Anonymous said...

What fabulous cards ... I love seeing an image look so different ... the soft vellum effect is wonderful.