Thursday, June 11, 2009

Joy in the Journey

One of my "crafty" friends came over last night, and we had a ball playing with paper and glue. Funny thing is that she was cranking out projects left and right (preparing for an event this weekend)... and me? Well, I made this one card. It was pretty ridiculous, actually, but I did enjoy the journey :)

I started off be stamping the sweet girl (Journey) directly onto white cardstock, then masking off her legs and overstamping with Swipe. I colored her in with prismacolor pencils, but she was still looking awfully stark, so I grabbed a chipboard butterfly (Tattered Angels glimmer chip), cut it apart, and swiped over it with brilliance ink to highlight the embossed design. I added that to her back - much better! I stamped the sentiment onto some scrap paper and then cut apart the words and debated entirely too long about how I should arrange the pieces. Next order of business: what paper to layer with the panel? I tried all sorts of patterns, but nothing was really gelling. Holly mentioned that she had some silver scraps in her bag, so I grabbed a piece, fancied it up with a punched edge (Martha Stewart), and was finally happy with the results. Wahoo!!

Last order of business for tonight: sketch for next week's smARTworks' Tea Party. Dina has shared this funky layout, borrowed from a promotional calendar. Hmmm... maybe I should start working on that card now so that it's actually done by Wednesday! :)

No comments: