Friday, June 5, 2009

Love Bug

"Oh, that a little bitty teeny weeny thing they call the love bug
Nobody's ever seen it but it's got the whole world shook up
It all started with a little bitty kiss and a hug
It's a little bitty teeny weeny thing they call the love bug"

Any other country fans out there? As soon as I got this challenge set from Susan, I was humming that song (by George Jones, but I'm referring to the George Strait version) and envisioning the possibilities.

I ended up using this paper (from an old DCWV pad) that is an orangish-red, and grabbed the sentiment from Journey. The ladybug is pieced with some paisley paper, and I made the antenna with craft wire. I stole one of the little ladybugs from the border image and stamped the dutiful line-up, then had my rebellious ladybug do a wheelie in the opposite direction :) Oh, and just a bit of piercing to create her "path." I love how this turned out, and I think it would be a great card for a graduate or someone starting a new job.

FREE RUBBER ALERT! If you'd like a shot at winning this set for yourself, then head over to Susan's blog. And you can also see what everyone else created with the set here. Have a great weekend!

No comments: