Thursday, December 20, 2007

Gift Tag

Our family attended a birthday party this past weekend, and rather than making a card for the birthday boy I opted for a tag. Why? Well, his Mommy is a scrapper and I figured this would be a good page embellishment. Thankfully she loved it! And he loved his gift :)

I started with some scraps of blue paper, and laid out the basic design. Next, I die cut "Aaron" and 3 from thin sheet metal using the Sizzix boxed brush alpha die set. I stamped "Happy Birthday" (smARTworks, "Time To") onto caramel paper with navy versamagic ink. I made the hole reinforcer with a couple punches, and then tied on some great American Crafts ribbon. Nothing too fancy, but I thought simple was better in this case.

2 comments:

Diane said...

That is such a brilliant idea!! It looks awesome!!TFS!!

Sarosa said...

The colors are absolutely amazing on this tag, Trish! I keep looking at it ... I really, really love this tag! I need to see if I can find these colors...