Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thumbprint Reindeer

I think our kids like to make cards nearly as much as I do - so they were pretty excited on Monday when I told them they were going to help me make cards. I got the idea for these from a card I saw last year; I believe it was in PaperCrafts (and I think it was the entire family's row of thumbprints!) I opted for a more simple approach and we made these for the moppets workers - the wonderful ladies who watch over the kiddos during our MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) meetings. I started with a stack of notecards (Fabriano, of course!) and had the kids add their thumbprint. Then I drew in the details, including some glitter on the nose. (See why I prefer to stamp instead of drawing?!?) The final touch was the greeting (retired SU - Holiday Wishes). A simple thank you from the "little dears" :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so PRECIOUS! Just love them!!

Linda SS said...

What an adorable and personalized card. Your recepients will love it:)

Donna said...

How cute...thanks for making me smile!

Diane said...

Sweet!!!!!!

JenMarie said...

Ah, adorable!!

Tricia T said...

These are perfect!! :) Great job on the antlers and ears!! :)