Monday, December 17, 2007

The Reason for the Season

I am so excited about this piece I'm sharing today! I'd been wanting to make something for our home; I had a whole lot of different ideas, but when I actually sat down to create nothing was coming together. Well, the previous Salt challenge was the theme "Light." The words to the song "Here I am to Worship" by Chris Tomlin immediately came to mind, and I started thinking about how I could use that to create something for Christmas. Never actually got beyond printing out the words, though. And then the latest challenge was "Jesus, the true meaning of Christmas." I just had to actually finish up my project. It all came together when I stumbled onto the amazing paper and gold stickers (seen here)
I started by masking off some areas around the star and spraying with gold glimmer mist. Next I roughly laid out where I wanted the words to go. I scanned Luke 2 from my Bible, and printed out verses 1-7 onto watercolor paper. I stamped the names of Jesus (Biblical Impressions) in the corner, and added several gold stickers. I love how the shepherds really do look like they're worshipping, and the small cross under the manger serves as a reminder of what that tiny baby came to do. Humbly you came to the earth you created, all for love's sake became poor.

This is definitely not my "normal" style, but I am thrilled with the final result. It's now hanging on the wall in our living room, and I'll definitely be making more in the future.

Just in case you've never heard this powerful song, check it out here.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

What a beautiful job you did. I'm sure it will delight your family for years to come! Thanks for sharing the process, too.

Sharon
craftybaglady.blogspot.com

Sarosa said...

Lovely job, trish! The color is wonderful!

Heidi said...

So pretty! Glad you made something for yourself!

Hazel said...

This is such a beautiful work of art, Trish - thanks for sharing in the Salt challenges.

Scripture by Design said...

Great stamping and words! Just love that Jesus stamp:)

Gillian said...

Oh Trish this is really Beautiful!
What a lovely piece of art to hang in your home, I love that song too, so was thrilled to see your piece :)

Esther said...

I lvoe the way the piece has been bought together, with different elements. God has perfect timing! Those printed verses came in handy! Thanks for sharing, new topic tomorrow!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Wow, do I get to pick what hand made project I get for the "Pay It Forward" post from your other blog? This one's awesome! GREAT JOB!!! (Yes, we're home for New Year's Eve, enjoying more peace and quiet...)