Friday, December 7, 2007

Merry & BRIGHT!!

I won some great Blog Candy from Becky last week - a set of Kitchen Sink stamps (Playful Christmas), dew drop embellishments, and four acrylic blocks for coasters/tiles. They arrived yesterday, and I immediately was thinking of stamping a single tree on a tilted square. When I saw this week's Sketch Challenge I knew it was a sign :) I also decided I wanted to use some more of that thin metal, so I now envisioning a seriously garish Christmas card. Why not?! I ran the metal through my Big Shot with the cuttlebug embossing folder, then adhered it to the card base. For the tree, I first stamped it with chalk ink, then overstamped with brilliance silver. Lastly, I matted it with some turquoise just to break up the pink a teensy bit. How's that for non-traditional colors? I computer generated the inside sentiment to read, "May your days be Merry and BRIGHT!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! YAY!!! So cool..hope you are loving them!

JenMarie said...

GORGEOUS!!

Diane said...

What a gorgeous card Trish!!!