Monday, August 25, 2008

A few more challenges

Two more cards to share from Virtual Stamp Night at SCS this weekend. This one was for the "Fancy Nancy" challenge, and as soon as I read the description, this stamp came to mind. It's from a Prima set that I purchased earlier this year, but had yet to actually use. I stamped it then traced it with stardust stickles (not that you can really tell from the photo!). I layered it with a bit of 7gypies paper, and then mounted it onto a card base that I'd lightly spritzed with pink taffy glimmer mist. The final touch was the sentiment (Stampington), and I think this would be a great "Thanks for your hospitality" card.



This card was for the purple challenge. I pulled out some retired SU Vintage Violet, as I wanted to make a card for a friend and all my other purples just seemed a bit too bright. I embossed the panel using the folder from the Friends Forever die/emb set. I just swiped it with white ink, then added the sentiment (Melissa Frances). Tie on some ribbon, glue it down, and all done... I honestly think this might be the quickest card I've ever made!

4 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh that purple one is pretty...you swiped white ink on it...does that mean the embossed part was "debossed" or down to stay the dark color?

~amy~ said...

MAGnificent! I love the chandelier one :)

Deb Neerman said...

Beauteous!! LOVE 'em both!

Hey, did you notice that folder was manufactured backwards? Took me awhile to figger THAT out, LOLOL!

~Hugs, Deb

Judee said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your work.

Hugs, Judee

"Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you"