Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Roses

Both cards here feature the Rose Trio #3 set. I love the "budding" image, so it seemed natural to pair it with the sentiment from the Rose Trio #2 set. I didn't use the solid rose image with this one, but started with the 2nd layer - I inked it with Rose Romance and Mellow Moss inks (SU), then stamped off once on scratch paper. I then did the final layer with the ink at full strength. I cut the rose out using a Sizzix die, and then layered it with a scalloped rectangle (cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities). I did sketch a little border with a fine tip black pen just to break up the pink, and then tied on a bit of American Crafts ribbon to pull the colors together.

For this second card, I went with a long, narrow card base, and chose colors based on the gorgeous BasicGrey LilyKate paper. I created the rose using almost amethyst ink (SU) for the base, then Pretty Petunia & Sage versamagic inks for the next, and finally brilliance pearlescent lavender & pearlescent olive inks for the final layer. I love how the top layer really adds some shimmer. I then pulled out some long-neglected magic mesh (come on, I know you have some of that stuff buried somewhere, too! :) then some purple and additional white cardstock. The sentiment is from To Life! I added a little acrylic dot on each corner; these are the little thingamabobbers that Michael's in their floral section earlier this year, and I believe many people are now calling them skittles. They're a bit larger than Dew Drops, and nearly all of them have bubbles in them so I personally don't think that they're quite as elegant, but I think they work well here.

I have a few cupcake cards to share tomorrow - I figured it was better for me to create them from ink rather than actually eating them :)

No comments: