Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fun with Cupcakes

As promised, I'm back with a fix for your sweet tooth :) These cards were made with the Inkadinkado clear "Birthday Cupcake" set; I'd been eyeing up the set for awhile, and Joann's just happened to be running a good sale and the set ended up in my basket... Anyway, this first one is super simple. I stamped the image onto a piece of white cardstock that I'd previously cut with the scalloped oval nestabilities, then a bit of color with prismacolor pencils. They needed some personality, so I "frosted" them with stickles (frosted lace), then topped each with a single dew drop. I grabbed some coordinating American Crafts ribbon, and used Bazzill for the card base.

This second one started out with the sketch from Taylor's Cupcake Challenge, but I ended up deviating in a big way. I took the colors from the ribbon - one of those "Ooh, cute!" thoughtless grab-n-go purchases from Michael's. Yes, I like it but the colors and pattern make it pretty tough to incorporate... Anyhoo, I think I pulled it off here :) I used a pre-glittered card base (DCWV), and the brown panel is embossed (Fiskars rose plate), then edge punched (Martha Stewart). The cupcake was colored with prismacolor pencils, and I layered that panel with another pre-cut scalloped panel from my scrap pile (with a flubbed image stamped onto it). I added some strips of brown cardstock to accentuate the ribbon, and then added the sentiment, which I die cut with a nestabilities oval. It's definitely bright and fun, and I'm thinking that it will be mailed off to a niece soon.

Check back tomorrow for the latest smART Cookie challenge - I think you'll like what emerges!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish, I like the top card the best overall. Very darling.

Anyways, I had to move Stamphenge
(stamphenge@wordpress.com) so you can correct the link on your side bar. I will leave the minibook link in my name/url below so you can change/update it. Check out the front page for a GiveAway.

I also listed you on the links page, you are #1!

I just was over at Delphi and posted a few comments. Very sad, I miss everyone.