Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Simple Challenge Cards

It's been awhile since I've done any challenges, so I decided it was time to seek out some sketches, etc. to jump-start my creativity. I started out at Card Positioning Systems, and played around with sketch #78.

On this first card, I used the "With Gratitude" cuttlebug embossing set (and on a side note, I am absolutely loving the coordinated sets!). I started by embossing the brown base, then cut the sentiment and three flowers. The flowers are sprayed with glimmer mist (pink taffy) so that they stood out a bit better. I then layered on some ribbon, and added a rhinestone to each flower. Pretty simple, but I love the result!




I also used the CPS78 sketch as the starting point for this second card, but I also wanted to make something for "Easy, Peasy" Birthday Challenge at Daring Cardmakers. I stamped Big B-Day onto some Chatterbox paper and embossed (Adirondack Moss), then adhered it to a blue card base and finished it off with the lovely die-cut felt border (Queen & Co). Definitely something that's easy to make at the last minute! Well, except for that felt border... I'd love some advice from anyone else who's used this stuff - I love the look, but it's such a pain to get the backing off and actually get it adhered to the project. Anyone with a good hint or two?!?

That's all for today; I hope to be back tomorrow, but I have a dentist appt and am also getting hubby ready to fly out Thurs morning, so no promises.

4 comments:

Giovana said...

Pretty cards!! Love all the color combos. Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Looking forward to getting to know you too!!!

God bless
Giovana

Melissa Goodsell said...

Such pretty cards. Thankyou for joining in the challenge :)
Melx

Lea L. said...

Both cards are beautiful..I love the bling centers on that first one! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~lea

Charity Hassel said...

lovely cps card with all the swirls- very feminine!