Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Creations

As I'd previously mentioned, I'm really missing the fall colors down here in TX, so I ended up whipping up a whole batch of fall cards to console myself :) The first card was this "Thinking of You" number - the leaves are from Revel, and the sentiment is from Thinking Trio. On this one, I used a kraft rame that I'd die cut but never used, layered it up with a few more colors of cardstock, and accented the corners with some gems.

For the remaining cards, I took a "One Sheet Wonder" approach. It's been a long time since I've done that, and I'd forgotten how much fun it could be. I limited myself to a couple colors of cardstock and a box of metal embellishments from We R Memory Keepers just to keep things simple.

I used a variety of sentiments - the "Happy Fall" is from Little Say, the memories quote is from Faux Van Gogh #1, and "Blessings to You" is from Opportunity Trio.

So there you have it - my little ode to autum despite the 90 degree temperatures! :) And finally, one last reminder that you still have until tomorrow night to post a fall card of your own for the smART-word challenge.

No comments: