Thursday, October 29, 2009

White Thanks

Well, here's the result of 3 of the challenges I wanted to participate in this week: Mercy's Tuesday Sketch, Stampin' Sisters in Christ: Thankfulness, and Color Create Challenge: White.

The main sentiment is from Impression Obsession, and it's stamped with versamagic sage - I needed 1 color with the white, and I thought this was worked pretty well. The panel underneath was embossed with a Sizzix folder, and then I made the "ruffle" with some Making Memories paper (which admittedly does have a soft print on it). I pulled out some velvet rickrack that I honestly don't even remember purchasing, but it really fit the design nicely.

I know it has a wedding vibe to it with the color scheme and all, but I can think of plenty other "thankful" times that it would work well, too!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

trish...this is so stunning! love the monochromatic white! so classy and elegant!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Mina said...

gorgeous card Trish, beautifully simple and so pretty...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Donelda said...

this is so pretty - I loove the ruffle!!!

peggysue said...

So very pretty all in white, neat addition with the ruffle too. Thanks for playing along with SSCC this week!

Lexxie said...

Stunning work!
Sarita xx

Donna said...

This if beautiful, Trish, and I just love the paper ruffle. So inspired!