Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Susan!!

Today just happens to be the birthday of a very special lady - Susan, the owner of smARTworks! In honor of this event, each of us from the design team will be sharing the birthday card we made for her. Fun!!

I used these great printed papers from Making Memories, and "jazzed up" the striped design with a swirl (Stella) and butterfly (Botanicals "Cookie" Plate). The happy is from Combo Sentiments, and I went over it with Rock Candy distress stickles so it's rich and sparkley. A bit of twine and a few buttons provide some more texture.

Click over to see creations from Giovana, Dina, Donelda & Donna - and please take a moment to wish Susan a very happy birthday, too!

My card layout is from a sketch I'd made while blog-surfing, but I neglected to note where it was from. If you recognize it, let me know!

2 comments:

Donelda said...

I love how you added to the designer paper - it looks terrific!!

Susan T. said...

It also arrived in a very pretty, coordinated envie! Thanks, Trish! And thanks for explaining the sparkle letters... I really thought you'd used some kind of fancy embossing powder.