Monday, November 26, 2007

Other Crafty Pursuits

Yes, I'm still here! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was blissfully dull - the past six weeks or so have been a whirlwind so we specifically chose to celebrate the day alone. My hubby had the week off (needing to use up some vacation time before year-end) so we puttered around the house and vegged. No stamping to share, but one of our friends came over on Friday and we temporarily became candle central. She'd been given boxes of wax, molds, etc. but didn't know what to do with them. The answer: bring 'em over! My hubby loves to make candles, and we have quite a collection of equipment ourselves. Anyway, I think we ended up making 20 or so large candles. We made one batch of orange wax and used some lemon scent that was buried in one of the boxes she'd brought over; the candles seriously smelled like Pledge. "And now for the newest trend in home decor: candles that make visitors think you've been cleaning!" The kids had a ball helping us sort all the colors and just generally getting underfoot. Most of the finished product went home with Holly - including the frog and tree shaped candles - but I can share these few with you.

We also managed to finish up one of our kitchen chairs. We were given these beautiful chairs when we got married. They are at least 75 years old, and they served us well for a few years but were getting rickety. My hubby took them all apart, sanded and stained, drilled new holes, and then I did the seat. Not bad for my first upholstery job! One down, three more to go...

Well, that concludes the crafty tour. Hopefully I'll get some time to stamp this week and I'll be back with a few cards.

No comments: