Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"You Are A Dear"

I love all things cheesy, which is why this card seemed like a good idea! I started out by creating the background by repeatedly stamping thanks (combo sentiments). By the way, you really must invest in a stamp-a-ma-jig if you don't already own one; they make creating backgrounds like this downright simple. Anyway, after doing the background I overstamped the deer (reindeer). Next I diecut the letters from a super thin metal sheet (I got in a share over at Serving the King - and she still has more available if you'd like some). The final touch was layering using a slot corner punch.


I still love the idea of this card - but I'm not really digging the actual results here. I need to play more with colors (I used chocolate chip and tempting turquoise on this one, but the card base is showing much more blue on my monitor), and either use alphabet stamps or a different alpha die set. I think it needs additional embellishment, too, but I couldn't figure out where to add ribbon, brads, etc. Thoughts anyone? I'm *very* open to suggestions!

3 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

One idea -- how about grounding the deer with a cut out oval or some other shape cardstock? Or doing the reverse with the letters, maybe individually?
Love the idea of the "dear/deer".

Sarosa said...

That deer is adorable!

Our family is non-stop puns, but it still took me a second to get it. Perhaps do it portrait orientation instead of landscape, so the letters can go down instead of across (so seem less like a word), with the deer at the bottom? Or maybe frame each letter, keeping it landscape, with the letters angled above the deer.

Anonymous said...

That is great! I love it. So cute! So...who are your friends in Collingswood??? What if I knew them! That would be weird!