Monday, November 12, 2007

With Sympathy

I just found out that a friend of mine lost her grandmother; I generally have a number of cards for birthdays, etc. made up and ready to go, but I've depleted my Sympathy stash over the past few months.

I kept the design relatively simple. I used the Brocade Background designer paper (SU), and stamped a single swirl (Autumn Leaves). I cut a strip from one of the other papers in the pack, and added just a bit of distress ink to help it stand out from the background. I stamped the sentiment (retired SU set - Hope for Comfort) on some River Rock cardstock, and then glued it all down and added a single prima. I matted the panel and then mounted it to the card base. I added another River Rock panel to the inside so that it's easier to read the sentiment. I used another stamp from the HfC set, and it reads "May you find comfort in God's word and in the knowledge that others care and sympathize with you."

I do like how it turned out, and I may have to make a couple more to keep on hand for these difficult times.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely card, Trish.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card all 'round, but really lovely as a sympathy card... Also appreciate the saying you put inside... It will mean a lot to receive, but will mean a lot more as the days go by.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!

Janine said...

Thanks for stopping by my site.
I think this sympathy card is very pretty. The tones of the card are soothing.
Janine
www.2bKrafty.blogspot.com

Kristine said...

OO...this is pretty too! Love flourishes. Sympathy cards can be hard...this looks very simple and elegant!