Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sweet Sixteen

Our niece - the adorable little flower girl at our wedding - turned sixteen yesterday. Man, I'm feeling old! I put off making her card to the last minute, and grabbed the BasicGrey Blush card kit that has been sitting on the back of my workspace for months. As pretty as it was, I could't bring myself to actually use the pieces. Well, yesterday was the day! I started with a square Fabriano notecard, then layered on the paper pieces and hearts. After I came up with my basic layout, I accented it all with some distress inks. I die cut the numbers from some shimmery paper, so they actually stood out quite nicely. The final touch was the velvet ribbon and stick pin.

I must say, I liked using the kit, and will be using more strips like this on future layouts. Great way to use up scraps but they also make fabulous accents!

1 comment:

Heather Grow said...

Great card. Looks like a great way to use some scraps.