Monday, January 21, 2008

More snowflakes

Here's another card made with the avalanche set. This time I started by stamping the teal snowflakes onto a white panel, then I accented it with some gray polka dots (made by stamping with a new pencil eraser). I then cut the panel apart; for this design, I really didn't mind if they were exactly the same width, so I just cut them at 1 1 /2 inches each, then laid them out by centering the middle one on the teal cardstock and then working out from there. I then glued the teal cardstock onto the card base and trimmed the edges. I stamped the single snowflake onto a white scrap, then trimmed it down and mounted it with pop-up glue dots. I stamped the sentiment but omitted the "one" when I inked. The digit is from a grungeboard elements pack - this stuff really is amazing (learn about it hear if you haven't already heard all about it!). I kept it pretty simple for this card - I just inked it up with versamagic and then adhered it with mono multi. Very cool stuff, and I look forward to playing with it more. Anyway, hope you all are having a great Monday!

2 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Simply Sweet!!! Love everything about this (((Hugs)))

Sarosa said...

I love this card, Trish! The colors, the panels, the "space." Perfect!