I started by making my matchbook base - I cut a piece of cardstock in half at 4 1/4" and then flipped one end over just a bit. I trimmed the edge with scalloped scissors, did some faux stitching, and adhered the flap. Next I brought the other end up and scored with just the very end clipping under the "matchbook." Hopefully that makes sense - I promise it's very easy, and a fun, unique closure!
I then stamped the heart collage onto red cardstock with black ink, then sprinkling the entire image with UTEE. I heated from the bottom (so it wouldn't blow around), and ended up with a very cool textured piece. I didn't cover it completely, and I love the contrast of the bare and coated cardstock. I decided to use some BasicGrey (Scarlet's Letter) and I wrapped it with some red eyelash yarn then mounted the heart. I was planning to spell out "love" using some letter brads, but realized I didn't have the L. Out comes the grungeboard! I coated it with versamagic ink, added texture with a CB folder, and then went over it with gray ink. I added my three brads, glued everything down, and another valentine's card has been completed.
Seek what the others have created, too - they'll all be posting their matchbook creations today. We'd love to have you join in the fun, too!